General class requirementsEdit
- Attend class regularly and be an active and constructive participant.
- Read the textbook. The whole damn thing by the end of the semester.
- Follow the #uvmgg Twitter feed and contribute to the discussion in a lively and constructive manner.
- Add new wiki pages, content, criticisms, suggestions and edits to the required Wiki content sections (see below). Do the same in any of the optional sections, as you wish.
- Be prepared to present and discuss the pages that you have contributed to in class.
- Be willing to contribute your expertise to support other class members when they need it.
- Become a skilled practitioner of the art of collaboration, including constructive criticism.
- Learn to formulate insightful questions in the area of genetics and genomics.
Required Wiki content sectionsEdit
- Class Notes
- Concepts and Jargon
- Genetic Studies
- Genomic Studies
- Metagenomic Studies
- Online Resources (databases, web sites, blogs, Twitter feeds)
- Personal pages
- Student-generated questions and proposed solutions
- Textbook problems and solutions
- YFG: Your Favorite Gene
- Wikipedia page evaluations
Optional Wiki content sectionsEdit
- Biographies of Geneticists and Genome Scientists
- Books, Films and Video Reviews
- Current News Evaluations
- Humor for Gene Geeks
- Textbook issues, corrections and updates