Presentation of YFG article (10 min per person)Edit
- Tell us about the information sources that you used and how you found them
- Take us through the article and figures
- Describe any difficulties that you encountered in writing the article
Assignments for Wed 26 SeptemberEdit
- Read each of your classmates' YFG articles, and contribute constructive comments and/or edits.
- Finish reading Chapter 3
- Update wiki list of Concepts and Jargon, contribute content, and identify questions and points of confusion.
Discussed YFG projects. Brief Discussion
Question: Think about a genetic disease caused by a single genetic defect. Will this genetic defect always present with the same phenotype or same clinical presentation in different individuals?
Environmental Differences can effect the phenotype/clinical presentation in individuals. Environmental factors include diet, exercise, infectious agents, and altitude. Other genes and epigenetics may also influence phenotype.